Established in 1951, McElroy’s has developed into a premier Mechanical Contractor and Facility Services company. For nearly 70 years, our company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and plumbing systems that serve healthcare, industrial, commercial, education, entertainment & hospitality, government, and science & laboratory facilities.
Our offerings have grown over the years, but we still operate under our founding principles: Treat every customer and employee with respect and do the job right. The right way and for the right reason. Earning and maintaining your trust is our most important job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering or similar engineering degree is required
- PE, LEED, CEM or CPD certification is preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Must have trade knowledge of duct and pipe sizing, capacity, routing and engineering principles. CAD skills required
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Oversee the Design of HVAC and plumbing systems for commercial, institutional and industrial projects. Leads a project team through design and other construction activities. Mentors and coaches others on the team and conducts timely, complete and meaningful performance management conversations. Verifies that design, shop and record drawings comply with company policies and procedures, including document management.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of AUTOCAD/Revit and drafts and models mechanical/plumbing systems in support of department engineers. Manages the development of preconstruction schematic designs for quantity take-offs. Oversees drawing and coordination processes for each cognizant project in terms of schedule, quality and productivity. Identifies design elements that must be incorporated into drawing designs and seals drawings with professional engineer’s stamp.
- Performs a variety of technical calculations such as, heating and cooling loads, hydronics, plumbing fixtures units, energy analysis, etc. Acts as the company expert on code analysis.
- Acts as a liaison between internal partners and third party providers or customers. Interfaces with vendors for technical support and equipment selection based on size requirements, specific equipment selected and proposed equipment layout.
- Performs site surveys to document existing job site conditions for use in design documents and drawings. Ensures that all designs conform to all applicable codes, company policies and procedures. Visits job sites to assist with and evaluate compliance to approved design documents, drawings and code requirements.
- Reviews architectural and structural drawings for their impact on mechanical systems. Coordinates design requirements and resulting designs with the project architect, structural engineer, electrical engineer, civil engineer, kitchen designer and process engineers. Performs technical reviews of construction documents and reviews drawings prior to bid and drawing changes prior to construction to identify constructability issues.
- Creates technical reports to support recommendations or engineering positions on issues.
- Leads project teams in the resolution of design questions/problems, and conducts research for compliance, codes changes, best practices etc.. Develops and coordinates alternative solutions to heating and cooling issues using input from a variety of sources. Troubleshoots and directs field technicians for the purpose of diagnosing degraded system performance.
- Provides conceptual estimation assistance, and gives professional input during bid strategy development. Prepares project specifications and assists the project manager in project budget development. Creates proposal letters and manages bid package development. Reviews and approves submittals and shop drawings and authors responses to RFIs and code inspector inquiries. Participates in forecasting labor hours needed for tasks and manages and develops scope, schedule and project fees for projects.
- Ensures scheduled equipment can deliver distributed capacity through the performance of air and water balance analyses.
- Provides guidance and training to Mechanical Designers or Engineers in Training (EITs).
McElroy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. McElroy’s Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: Email firstname.lastname@example.org