Senior Project Estimator
Established in 1951, McElroy’s has developed into a premier Mechanical Contractor and Facility Services company. For nearly 70 years, our company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and plumbing systems that serve healthcare, industrial, commercial, education, entertainment & hospitality, government, and science & laboratory facilities.
Our offerings have grown over the years, but we still operate under our founding principles: Treat every customer and employee with respect and do the job right. The right way and for the right reason. Earning and maintaining your trust is our most important job.
As an Estimator for our Commercial Construction Division, your responsibilities will be as follows: Produces detailed material and labor estimates for mechanical and plumbing systems. Produces a conceptual estimate based on available information, historical data, experience and basic known engineering concepts, if plans are not available. Estimates include materials, consumables, incorporated equipment and labor, direct and indirect costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Engineering or Business with Construction Industry experience is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Mechanical & Sheet Metal Trimble Autobid experience
- Produces project estimates using prescribed forms, industry recognized techniques, company processes and procedures.
- Assesses final estimate for project compliance, reasonable and complete use of materials, pricing and total value as compared to similar work.
- Monitors all addenda, scope changes and bid forms to ensure they are processed and incorporated into the estimate in a timely manner.
- Provides advice on vendor selection and obtains and reviews pricing quotes. Reviews all vendor proposals to identify technical compliance.
- Reviews project plans and specifications to gain a complete understanding of the project’s scope.
- Assists with scope qualifications, exclusions and final pricings while working with the business development team to finalize proposals.
- Reviews architectural, structural and civil documents to examine their impact on the mechanical and plumbing scope of work.
- Communicates all project issues, up and down, to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Reports issues to customers concerning project specifications, project scope, reports, value engineering possibilities, timelines or other items pertaining to a bid.
- Identifies, develops and communicates policies and procedures for continuous improvement including project cost savings opportunities.
- Organizes and maintains estimating project files in a clear and coherent manner.
- Monitors and maintains current technical knowledge of piping, plumbing and sheet metal estimating, installation practices and procedures.
- Assists with project turnover to project management and field.
McElroy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. McElroy’s Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources: Email firstname.lastname@example.org